Thursday, April 29, 2010

WOW!!


Well........I have waited a very long time to write this---
Zachary sat on the scale on April 22nd and had gained weight! I was thrilled and excited and speechless. I stared at the scale and it was the first time that I wanted to cry in excitement. He hasn't gained any weight since the TPN was started and in two weeks he did. Now, I must say that the doctor said don't get to excited! We have to go back the first week of May and make sure that is still the case. I really hope it won't be yet another let down, and say he lost :-( It does NOT mean that we are "out of the woods" at all. He still will need the central line and TPN for at least some more months. I can't even think about all that "stuff." Right now we are focusing on the fact that he had some weight gain! It will be more reassuring next week....and I will post next week to let everyone know.

That was great news,however; the next morning he woke up and had a horrible cough and threw up! Of course he isn't suppose to be able to throw up, but he did. This meant that we were back at Kaiser again getting x-rays, etc. They determined that he should be okay, but if he does it again they will have to admit him and do a full work up to see why. With his surgeries he should be "tied up" and nothing should come up! He had bronchitis and was cranky and tired for a few days.

His line is once again really irritating him! I had to change his dressing cover two times this weekend, since he itched it off. I e-mailed the doctor and we are trying to figure out a plan. Adam and I are just hoping that doesn't mean more drugs in his system.

Again, I always have to say thank you! Especially to my mom...with one of home nurses gone, she has picked up the coverage for Zachary several days a week---AGAIN! Hopefully, we will get another nurse or two in soon.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

I will try to load some pictures of Zach at his birthday party...soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll take anything good no matter how small it may seem! He continues to be in our prayers morning and night! We love you guys.

Unknown said...

I hope he doesn't pull that line out too much it really sounds terrifying what could immediately happen from that act...
I'm continue to read this blog and I really love getting to hearing the good news with Zach. I truly am impressed in how much your family contributes and puts effort into Zach. And I hope hear you all to continuing to doing as well in the challenges ahead.