Grab a cup of coffee, tea, hot coco, glass of wine, or a
snack. This update is a long one!!
![]() |
| This is Garrett's favorite picture of Zach! |
At times I just break down and cry, and I’ve come to realize
that I can and I should. A friend once said, “I wonder if you’ll make it
through this,” and that is an easy answer----of course I will, but it doesn’t
mean that I won’t cry or have a few rough days.
There are some days that I think of all the happy memories about Zach,
and those days bring me joy and laughter.
There are other days where I look at applesauce, fruit loops, yogurt and
damn donut holes and cry.
This is something I deal with everyday and its nice to know
that others are always thinking of him too!
Many times people don’t know what to say, or how to approach our
family. It’s okay to just say, I’m
thinking of you…or simply say I know this time of the year is rough. It seems that people avoid discussing Zach or
our grieving with us, and many times that is what helps our family go through our
difficult days. Dominic is continually
sharing and talking about Zach. He often
times tells me that Zachary visits him in his dreams, and tells him stories. Garrett still takes great pride in helping me
decorate Zachary’s “spot” at the cemetery.
He even gets angered when things are left there, that Zachary wouldn’t
have liked. Someone had left a nice
train, but Garrett was puzzled at why someone would leave a train when Zachary
didn’t like trains---cars and WoodyBuzz.
He also has pictures of Zachary in his room, and sleeps every night with
a small quilt made of his clothing (thanks LaurenJ
) that he loves to hold. It is those
items, memories and photos that we cherish and look at frequently.
Keeping busy helps and I can’t be more thankful for my job
than I am right now. Having a place to
go and children to teach is a wonderful way to keep me going and always laughing. We all grieve differently and in different
ways and even in our own time. I feel
that there are days where I grieve for a moment with a single tear, or it might
be once in awhile with a heart-wrenching sob, but I grieve. Adam and I will always be grieving parents,
and we are finding our own ways to heal.
I ran across a great quote, and I think it’s
appropriate.
“It has been said, 'time heals all
wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its
sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never
gone.”
Lastly, in honor of Zachary’s Memory Day (10-10-10) we will
have vases set up at the cemetery and at his memorial tree in San Ramon on Sunday, October 7th which
will stay up for a week. Feel free to
drop by and place his favorite (happy flowers) sunflowers, or trinket. This is a day that we are trying to make a
memory day, to remember his happiness.
Surround yourself with joy not sorrow. This is the day where Zachary got his wish
and was able to be free from all tubes. He is enjoying his life in heaven,
healthy, happy and of course being our special angel.
WoodyBuzz! Lightning McQueen!!

No comments:
Post a Comment